Heating Repair Service
Top rated for air conditioner service in Houston, TX, Village Plumbing & Air makes sure your new A/C provides years of reliable, trouble-free cooling.
Sewage Backups can be a Health Hazard
Call immediately if you think you might have a mainline stoppage. Catching it sooner rather than later can stop potential damage to your yard and home.
Contact Village Plumbing to Fix Your Furnace
A malfunctioning furnace reduces comfort and energy efficiency. You might not use the heater most of the year in Texas, but you’ll certainly feel the difference when the heat and humidity break. Even if your furnace worked fine last year, unseen problems and ongoing wear may surface, so it’s important to stay on top of furnace maintenance. But when you need repairs, our licensed, trained technicians are always ready to provide 24/7 emergency furnace service.
Village Plumbing is a woman-owned business that has been serving the Houston area for decades. Under the leadership of Monica Ryan, our business and reputation have grown. We respect every customer and their home, earning us the title “The Cleanest Techs in Town”. Your satisfaction is also 100% guaranteed so you benefit from the confidence we have in our work.
Signs You Need Heating Repairs
If your furnace is at or above 15 years in age, it may be time to replace it. But some furnaces last well beyond that, and there are many ways to fix them. Here’s an insider’s view into the symptoms that may indicate furnace repair is needed:
- A Noisy Furnace: When a normally humming furnace starts rattling, thumping, creeching, banging, or clicking, it’s definitely time to have a licensed professional check it out.
- Airflow Is Weak: Your furnace interacts with your home ventilation system to distribute warm air to every room. A clogged filter, damaged motor, cracked ductwork, or other problem may impede airflow.
- Rising Energy Bills: If you’re using the heat in the same way, and the utility company hasn’t changed its prices, yet your monthly bill keeps going up, perhaps a harder working furnace is overworked and needs to be repaired.
- Lack of Heat: A range of problems can prevent your furnace from producing heat. If there’s not enough heat, there may be a clogged filter or developing mechanical/gas/electrical issues.
- Frequent Cycling: If the furnace cycles on and off too frequently, the thermostat may be set incorrectly or there may be an issue that needs to be fixed.
Common Problems We Fix
No matter what is wrong with your heating system, Village Plumbing can fix it. Our technicians are trained and experienced to perform any repair, big or small. The most common problems we look for and correct include:
- Dirty/Clogged Air Filters: A dirty filter can make your heater work harder and reduce air quality in your home. Replacing the filter is the most basic yet one of the most important tasks.
- Faulty Thermostat: Since the thermostat controls your heating system, it goes to say that a broken thermostat will prevent you from getting enough heat.
- Ignition/Pilot Light Problem: A gas furnace relies on an ignition system and often a pilot light to keep the combustion process going. A problem can cut off the heat and create carbon monoxide and other safety issues.
- Faulty Limit Switch: You may need a limit switch repaired or replaced if the furnace blower does not stop running.
- Frayed Blower Belt: The belt controls the fan; if it frays or breaks, you may hear a high-pitched squealing and the blower motor may stop working. Our technicians can replace the belt to fix the problem.
- Worn Ball Bearings: Over time, ball bearings in the furnace motor can wear out. A scraping sound is an indication of a problem, so turn off the unit and contact a repair technician.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger: The boundary between the air and warming flames, the heat exchanger can become stressed and crack. Replacing this costly part may be possible if your furnace is still under warranty, but if the unit is over 10 years old, consider a complete replacement.
If you have an electric furnace, we can fix a faulty heating element, bad wiring, or issue with the sequencer. Sometimes, electrical system components need to be repaired or updated. Heat pumps too may need repairs, especially if there are leaks or problems with refrigerant controls, A/C coils, electrical connections, or safety devices.
Contact Village Plumbing & Air Today
When your furnace isn’t working, contact us for immediate help. Our team is available 24/7 to provide emergency furnace repair. Trusted for A/C services in Houston and surrounding cities, we promptly troubleshoot, inspect, and diagnose the underlying problem, while our techs are stocked with the parts and tools needed to fix it on the spot. We also offer maintenance plans with service discounts and bi-annual furnace maintenance services to help prevent larger repairs.
If you need heating repair, request service online or call 713-678-0483 today.